Our social value policy is founded on our core values and responsible leadership principles and applies to all areas of our business, our employees and all parties who undertake activity on our behalf.
Cyber Security Specialists is committed to drive customer value and generate social, economic, and environmental benefits. We are committed to implementing strategies to benefit the lives and wellbeing of those affected by our activities within the localities and communities in which we operate. We are proud to be Disability Committed and a Mental Health Committed Employer.
- Locally procured goods and services where possible.
- Provide work opportunities for local SMEs, Micro Enterprises, Ethnic Minority-owned Businesses and Third Sector Organisations.
- Support the training and development of local SMEs, Micro Enterprises, Ethnic Minority-owned Businesses and Third Sector Organisations to increase their capability, capacity and support their sustainability.
Employment and skills
- Create local employment opportunities such as work placements, apprenticeships, internships, traineeships, and actual jobs.
- Enable and support local people to obtain the necessary skills to gain and sustain employment.
- Support underrepresented and disadvantaged groups to remove barriers to work.
Work with local schools to support Safer Internet Day by providing Consultants to spend the day providing interactive sessions on how to stay safe online.
- Work with local organisations and charities to focus on health and well-being.
- Support a number of mental health charities and sponsor an annual fundraising event for Manchester based charities, an example is shown below: https://www.cybersecurityspecialists.co.uk/future-savings-charity-event/
We recognise that paying attention to workplace Mental Health has never been more important and support the Mental Health at Work Commitment. We refer and implement where possible the resources at Mental Health at Work website created by the Government in partnership with Mind – https://www.mentalhealthatwork.org.uk.
Our flexible working model allows all our colleagues to travel at times that are cheaper/less busy. Flexible working also supports colleagues from a wider set of socioeconomic groups as it can help colleagues to balance caring responsibilities, health needs and personal commitments.
All colleges are also enrolled on the Company Private Health scheme which includes both physical and mental health cover which includes counselling sessions and cognitive behavioural therapy when required.
We hold regular one to one meetings with all colleagues to ensure that a strong level of mental wellbeing exists. This is extended to third party partners who support the delivery of our consultancy services. This approach allows us to measure colleague well being and identify whether any support is required.
In addition to this we have an ‘open door policy’ and encourage colleagues to speak up if there are any challenges relating to their mental health, whether this be in their personal life or work.
We regularly remind colleagues and partners of the importance of a Work Life Balance, and wrote a Blog in February 2022 to share with the wider Cyber Security community – https://www.cybersecurityspecialists.co.uk/the-importance-of-a-work-life-balance/
Our policies are reviewed annually to ensure they are up-to-date and relevant to the needs of our constantly changing and diverse communities. We value the importance of reflection and lessons learned to develop best practices and update our policies to reflect any necessary updates.