Third Party Assurance
Outsourcing processes or data to a Third Party does not mean the accountability has been transferred. Contracts and Service Level Agreements can prove worthless when the third party has a security incident which impacts your Organisation. The ICO clearly states that Controllers (or Organisations) are liable for their compliance with the GDPR and must only appoint processors (Third Partys) who can provide ‘sufficient guarantees’ that the requirements of the GDPR will be met and the rights of data subjects protected.
Any security incident whether it be internal or via a third-party supplier which results in a data breach can severely damage your Organisation and result in regulatory fines, reputational damage and loss of clients.
These risks can be mitigated or reduced by conducting security and compliance audits on the Third Party Suppliers providing services to your Organisation and ensuring that they manage your information in a manner consistent with your policies and which is aligned to Information Security best practices.
Cyber Security Specialists provide a comprehensive insight into third party suppliers handling of your sensitive data. Our Third Party Assurance service provides a:
- Review of the current IT systems in place
- Review of the information security of those systems to ensure they have an appropriate level of safeguards in place to protect your data e.g. Encryption
- Assessment all of the access controls to your data
- Review the company’s policies and procedures
- Evaluate the business continuity and disaster recovery plans
- Provides assurance that the audited Third Party Supplier is taking the expected steps to meet Organisational and Regulatory security requirements
- Ensure your data (or your customer’s data) is appropriately secured
- Align with the requirements of GDPR in the protection of personal data
- Reduce your risk through the application of industry best practices
To discuss how we can help you to manage your Third Party Supplier risk, please contact our practice by firstname.lastname@example.org or calling us on 0161 706 0244.0244.