Penetration Tester (Junior)
Cyber Security Specialists are an independent UK based Cyber Security Consultancy who offer a range of Cyber Security services to Clients in the Public and Private sector. Due to our rapidly expanding growth we are looking to recruit a CREST CPSA/CRT/QSTM/CSTM Certified tester to join us on a permanent basis!
Cyber Security Specialists offer Cyber Security Consultancy, Vulnerability Scanning, Cloud Security Assessments and Penetration Testing services. We are a UK Government approved supplier and accredited Cyber Essentials Certification Body.
We work with organisations both large and small, to help them protect themselves against cyber threats. The role would suit a CREST CRT or QSTM certified tester with good client facing skills. The position is home based with options to work in our Head Office based in Manchester.
We offer competitive salary, generous benefits, flexible schedules, and remote working. If you’re looking for opportunities to grow professionally in a young and exciting consultancy, this is the place! You will have the ability to perform all types of penetration tests for clients of all sizes across every vertical, within the UK and Europe. These may include, but not be limited to large and small scale web application and infrastructure based penetration tests, vulnerability assessments, cloud security reviews and CE+ assessments.
Location: Manchester Head Office – Flexible working from home – Some travel to Client sites when required
Package: £26,00 to £32,000 a year dependant on experience, Pension, 25 days holiday, training and career progression opportunities
- Conduct Client Security assessments and Penetration testing projects
- Identify and exploit vulnerabilities in networks and applications
- Develop mitigation strategies for keeping our clients safe
- Develop and deliver Client briefings, reports and presentations
- Provide technical scoping advice and pre-sales assistance
- Produce detailed Penetration Testing Reports clearly summarising risks identified and recommendations for mitigation/remediation
- Performing consultation and project delivery to a high standard that encourages lasting partnerships with our client-base
The ideal candidate will be able to drive to Client locations across the UK and:
- Hold a CREST CRT,CSTM or QSTM certification or above
- Hold SC level clearance (or be able to obtain)
- Have excellent client facing skills
- Have the desire to learn and develop
- Experience of testing network and cloud infrastructures
- Experience of testing Web Applications
- Experience of Web application proxies (MiTM proxy, ZAP, Burp)
- Familiar with various API’s (REST, SOAP, JSON, etc)
- Familiarity with the OWASP Testing Guide
If you would like to apply please send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cyber Security Specialists can only consider applications from candidates who have the right to work in the UK.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES, THANK YOU.