The GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) was enforced from 25 May 2018. Introduced to keep pace with the modern digital landscape, the GDPR is more extensive in scope and application than the current Data Protection Act (DPA). The Regulation extends the data rights of individuals, and requires organisations to develop clear policies and procedures to protect personal data, and adopt appropriate technical and organisational measures.
A data breach can be disastrous for any organisation; seven out of ten small to medium sized companies that experience a major data loss go out of business within a year. A big part of GDPR concerns the protection of personal data and therefore goes hand in hand with Cyber Security. The Cyber Security Specialists GDPR Ready service therefore combines GDPR and Cyber Security to ensure our Clients meet the requirements of GDPR and implement an appropriate level of Cyber Security Controls to protect the Organisations networks and data.
Our service has been designed to not only enable Organisations to meet the requirements of GDPR, but also to improve the security posture of the Company, providing increased Cyber protection and better privacy controls.
The service consists of the following core components:
- GDPR Ready Gap Analysis – a full audit of the Organisation against the key requirements of the GDPR.
- GDPR Data Mapping Exercise – identifying what personal data you hold, where it is stored and who you share it with.
- GDPR Privacy Impact Assessment – an assessment of the Privacy risks to the individuals whose personal data you hold.
- GDPR Policies and Procedures – all the documents you will need to ensure that you are able to fully meet the requirements of GDPR e.g. Data Protection Policy & Subject Access Request procedure.
- Cyber Essentials Gap Analysis – a full assesment of the Organisation’s Cyber Security against the Cyber Essentials scheme.
- NCSC Small Business Cyber Security Gap Analysis – a full assesment against the requirements of the NCSC Small Business Cyber Security framework
- Cyber Essentials certification – an external review and formal certification, valid for 12 months.
- Cyber Security Insurance – Insurance cover up to £25,000, valid for 12 months.
Our Consultants are experienced Cyber Security and Privacy Professionals who are all certified GDPR Practitioners. If you would like to hear more of how Cyber Security Specialists can help your Organisation achieve Cyber Essentials and be GDPR Ready, please email email@example.com or call 0161 706 0244 to speak to a member of the team.